There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Dissatisfied

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Pay is competitive compared to other companies when taking into consideration experience and background. Thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Cons

The upper management does not seem to care about employees. Hours have been cut causing a stressful work environment. No career advancement ladder.

3243 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Ok to start, but no place for a career.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work experience, you will get a good knowledge of a lot of basics. It was my first job, and still a wonder how I have stayed with this company so long. The starting pay seems nice but after that, there aren't many opportunities for a decent pay raise.

Cons

Management is ludicrous. They have the most unrealistic expectations, you can only assume they are trying to burn you out. The hours are awful, and I am often running the store, sometimes a full eight hours, alone. And they still will expect you to get the whole workload done.

Like I said, starting pay seemed pretty nice. They start cashiers(In my district) at 9 dollars an hour. After that good luck getting anything more. They use a raise system, you get a review once a year. It is not based on your work performance individually, but rather if the store is making sales goals, payroll goals, email collection rates, My Customer scores, KPMs, and SOS. If you are making all those, you may get your raise a good 6 months after your review date, and it will be based, for front store, on their typical rating system(meaning 2.5% of what you make now.) It took me five years, five reviews, and three promotions to get an extra 2 dollars an hour. I make $11.10 now, they hire in my position at $13-$15.

They have a TON of insane grading systems you have to live up to. It makes it difficult to focus on work, and seems to be a way for them to keep turning and burning employees. It would be nearly impossible to be making all metrics at one time. We are expected to hit %20 percent email collection a week(if you do not you will be written up) 18% on Coupon Center redemption, we also have My Customer, GOT heart, KPM, SOS, and who knows what more.

It's a very difficult work environment, we often are there until 10pm and back at 7am the next day. Ever since the new CEO has taken over things have become incredibly stressful and so very micromanaged, it's hard to enjoy. It feels like we're constantly being threatened because of this that and the other(we have been audited and failed before because a vacuum was too close to the circuit breaker and we had keys in the bailer...while we were bailing boxes.)

Listen to the workers, I have not met one employee that has worked there more than a year that doesn't absolutely hate it.

overworked, under staffed

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

its a job, you always see new faces

Cons

it barely pays the bills, they treat their employees horrible. they keep staffing to a minimum, along with hours you can work. The store i work for does around 450 scripts/day, yet only has 2 technicians working at a time. patients get mad and yell at the technicians,and we cant say anything other than sorry. then when they complain,we get wrote up. after 3, your fired, it doesnt matter what the complaint, its always your (techs) fault. i was threatened by a patient, and they tried to write me up!! their policies are ridiculous!!

treat you workers with some respect,were not dogs

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health