CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Barely deserving of a three star rating

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company's strong financial position and above average benefit package are its major selling points. Decent pay for SM position

Cons

As is normally the case in retail, CVS provides minimal hours to run the business. Store Management and staff are stretched to meet ambitious Sales, Service and Profit targets. High stress work environment.

More payroll hours for the Front Store

3471 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

it was a good exposure for me being a retail professional. Working for CVS gave me some insights how the Pharmacy side o

Former Employee - Co-Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in New York, NY

I worked at CVS Health as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay in comparison to other retailers.

Cons

It is quite dangerous when you have to take receive the shipment in the middle of the night alone,especially in the cold weather

People working in the stores are humans not robots. Treat them with respect and a little more of a human touch.

Shift supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To be honest, its very hard to come up with pros for this job. I guess if I had to say the scheduling is some what flexible. When family events or appointments come up I just inform my store manager and he usually works with me. Although this is a benefit only because I have a decent store manager as my boss. Others are not always so lucky.

Cons

This company is the most understaffed company I have ever worked for. There usually no more than two people running the store at all times. That includes the cashier and the manager on duty. They have unreasonable demands given the staffing hours for the store. The only way the demands can be some what met is if the store manager works around the clock and rarely takes a day off because their salary and it saves on payroll. One thing they leave out in the interview that often happens is when a cashier calls in sick they expect you to work a double or by yourself. depending on the situation. Also the job is itself is very stressful and not worth the pay. They pay very little. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Start treating your employees like people and not machines. Their only human and they can only do so much. Also If you expect your employees to do well you need to give them real training. I know you have a bunch of "procedures" that you have in place but the stores do not implement them. Many managers and shift supervisors are just put in a position with no training. The reason why no one does any of the training is because there really is no time.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health