Under appreciated, over worked

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Fredericksburg, VA
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a good first job, I was able to learn to multi task quickly and problem solve

Cons

You only get a good schedule if the lead tech likes you, terrible raises, your expected to do way too much for way too little pay and even when you work your hardest it's not good enough for the district managers. You have to call customers way too much to the point where they get annoyed with you. Lowest pay out of all other pharmacy chains. Very little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Give your employees better pay and praise for the good job they are doing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This is by far the best retail experience I have ever had!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the structure at CVS. You pretty much have the same schedule every week, and as long as you can keep up with the schedule you are in good shape. The upper management is pretty flexible with your schedule except for some meetings and important sales dates. I have found that the leadership does care and is very quick to do what they can to help solve any issues that might arise store level. There is a lot of training (almost to much). With CVS discontinuing cigarettes later this year they seriously want their customers to have a path to better health!

Cons

Really the only issues I have would be the same at any other retail business. The lack of hours in the stores really effects business. The store manager is constantly having to satisfy not only their immediate supervisors needs, but Loss Prevention, HR, Pharmacy, Environmental management, and others are always bothering and over complicating things for the store manager and staff.

Advice to Management

The best advice I can think to give upper management is that they need to realize that stores are not heavily staffed so stop acting like they are, and to just leave the stores alone we usually do better when you are not micro managing us.

2. Working environment at pharmacy

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like this place and enjoy the people here in the pharmacy, which is highly automated. I also enjoy the environment that people treat their work with pride. Benefit seems OK, and compensation is compatible to others in general.

Cons

Less technical challenges in terms of engineering as most of the technical works are done by equipment vendors. Personal growth can be more on the business side.

Advice to Management

Key in-house engineering skills can really benefit the operation, which is more than buying equipment. With tight integration with IT to support business, engineering can offer more than what equipment vendors can provide, which will have tighter alignment with business goals.