Store Manager

Former Employee - Retail Drug Store Manager in Upland, CA
Former Employee - Retail Drug Store Manager in Upland, CA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company does have opportunity for advancement, great benefits, 401K plan and great pharmacy operation. The leadership train provided is good and beneficial.

Cons

The work-life balance is not there and they operate strictly on metrics. The systems and operational processes are outdate and unrealistic. Culture and moral are a big issue.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to the associate more and open up to receiving feedback. Show more respect towards people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. High Stress, Low Support

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros to this job. There is little opportunity to advance and all management cares about is the script count. They will hire anyone with a state registration no matter what their skills are.

Cons

Bad hours, sour management, you are treated as a disposable commodity. They will hire anyone off the street if you can legally work as a pharmacy technician which leads to dangerous mistakes.

2. Where to start...

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Spring, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Spring, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although I don't have many positives about CVS, my regular customers have to be the top of the list. Pay is also decent, for a 21 year old. Great brand new store in good part of town and co workers that pull their weight.

Cons

Every time I am given a chance to express my opinion about CVS I always say the same things..myVoice, Daily observations (every shift you have to put a positive and a negative comment about your co-workers performance), Survey scores (where anything but a 5 doesn't count). CONSTANT criticism and you need to be able to handle that. Minimum hours, and being in a brand new store and $10,000 above our budget.. We have to wait until the new year for more hours which is ridiculous. I've worked with the same co workers for over a year now and I feel I still barely know them because it is always just a shift and a cashier and the two are always busy doing separate things. No sense of unity or teamwork. Management is a joke and the district manager constantly breathes down your neck if your not on top of business and threatens to fire any and everyone that doesn't do their job. If you are not a people person or can't fake a smile, don't even apply.

Advice to Management

Stop the criticism. Give us more hours and stop wasting the ones we do have on two 1 hour long conference calls a week.