Cabela's
www.cabelas.com Sidney, NE 5000+ Employees

Worth the experience.

Gun Counter Agent (Former Employee)
Allen, TX

I worked at Cabela's

ProsThe managers don't make you feel that they're above you and you're just a lowly worker. You have all the opportunities in the world to state an opinion and implement a change for the better if they agree and they listen to your concerns.

ConsIt can become quite tedious---the amount of workers compared to the amount of shoppers isn't quite adequate enough to handle peak times it seemed. But they still manage...

Advice to Senior ManagementY'all are doing a great job, and I hope it's kept up and doesn't go the way of most major chains. I don't see that happening but I know a few (including myself) who left for a better opportunity for hours and pay.

Working at a Cabela's retail location is like coming to work in a museum; a very cool place to work.

Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee)
Hammond, IN

I have been working at Cabela's

Pros: We treat our hourly outfitters amazing. The daily perks and special things that the company does to motivate employees is unlike… Cons: The senior management team in some of the stores do not communicate very will with the middle managementn and staff. The company is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing to improve processes and helping us grow to a bigger and better future. The positive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Perfect example of the "Peter Principle."

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sidney, NE

I worked at Cabela's

Pros: The appeal of working for a major player in the outdoor industry, especially if you're an outdoorsman yourself. The discounts on merchandise is you… Cons: The hope that you can be associated with a company with a company that's respected in the outdoor industry, only to find all is not… Advice to Senior Management: Do whatever you need to do to hold on to talented people. Realize that you are in the middle of nowhere in a God-forsaken place… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cabela's.

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cabela's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cabela's CEO Thomas L. Millner. All reviews posted anonymously by Cabela's employees.