There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

Great people make the difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NE

Pros

Cabela's is more about doing things right than they are about politics and grandstanding. They are about making the business better, the work environment better, and the customer experience better.

Cons

The company is still small enough that career growth opportunities are slow in coming with some positions.

Advice to Management

Keep the two-way communication avenue open. It works very well.

Other Employee Reviews for Cabela's

1. Worth the experience.

Former Employee - Gun Counter Agent in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Gun Counter Agent in Allen, TX

Pros

The managers don't make you feel that they're above you and you're just a lowly worker. You have all the opportunities in the world to state an opinion and implement a change for the better if they agree and they listen to your concerns.

Cons

It can become quite tedious---the amount of workers compared to the amount of shoppers isn't quite adequate enough to handle peak times it seemed. But they still manage...

Advice to Management

Y'all are doing a great job, and I hope it's kept up and doesn't go the way of most major chains. I don't see that happening but I know a few (including myself) who left for a better opportunity for hours and pay.

Working at a Cabela's retail location is like coming to work in a museum; a very cool place to work.

Current Employee - Inventory Control Manager in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Inventory Control Manager in Hammond, IN

Pros

We treat our hourly outfitters amazing. The daily perks and special things that the company does to motivate employees is unlike anything else in retail. Cookouts, give a ways, incentives for making metrics, it is like giving them a bonus every week.

Cons

The senior management team in some of the stores do not communicate very will with the middle managementn and staff. The company is going thru a culture change to make these roles more leadership orientated and less task managing - where there is currently a massive breakdown.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to improve processes and helping us grow to a bigger and better future. The positive changes in the last 4 years have been encouraging to say the least. Help create a culture of leadership vs. management.