There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

Educational

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Cabela's

Pros

great training is available especially for new team members, recognition is good

Cons

favoritism, low increase in pay,

212 Other Employee Reviews for Cabela's (View Most Recent)

What ever happened to recognition and praise!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Cabela's

Pros

Co workers,customers, discount and the environment are a few of the reasons the job is enjoyable.
    Also the knowledge I have gained about hunting and fishing.

Cons

Being forced to get club cards
    Nothing is ever good enough
    Senior management
    No trust in HR department
    Working 40+ hours for a corporate walk and then 16 hours over the next 2 weeks

Store manager creates a do as I say not as I do mentality with the rest of the managers. Which has made for the rest of us to lose trust and faith in our leadership. I just hope that I can last long enough for someone to see the true colors of our upper management.

Upper Management behaves very poorly ethically

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sidney, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sidney, NE

I have been working at Cabela's

Pros

Co-workers are genuine and good people. They bond together and do a great job, Lots of expertise and ablities. The good name of Cabela's still means something.

Cons

Terrible ethical behavior by upper management. Don't believe a word they say. Pay is horrible! Work/life balance is nowhere to be seen. They pile on the workload with no extra pay. Set you up to fail. Cost of living in Sidney is ridiculous compared to working class group of employees' salaries. They talk about honoring employees but they don't. Lots and lots of good ol boy stuff. Benefits are very sub par. Regular workers can't afford to access their health care. Treatment of women in general is really bad. Co-workers struggle together with these things. Upper management is clueless.

You have to raise salaries. People cannot live! Cut the good old boy stuff. Your mid level and lower level employees don't respect you or believe you. Hire enough people to do the job. Invest in your work group by paying a living wage. Live up to the great name of the company before it went public. Don't live down to greedy Wall Street types who only self promote.

There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!