Cabela's
www.cabelas.com Sidney, NE 5000+ Employees

great company if you have the right management.

IMA (Current Employee)
Lacey, WA

I have been working at Cabela's full-time for more than 5 years

Prosif you have the right manager and the right department to work for, Cablea's can be a great place to work. I work Monday through Friday and the occasional weekend. I love what I do and keep busy. I have been working there for 5 years now. in 2 more years I will be paying at cost plus 5% for all my purchase.

Consmost management is poor at best. lying and deceiving is the best quality for management. if you call them out on it they will make sure you will pay the price! if you call a red flag on something you know is wrong the management will make your life a living hell! even for HR!
if you tell corporate, they will tell your management! your best bet is to keep quite and do your job well.

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest! we know when you are lying! be easy on your employees, they are making a little more then minimum wage and crappy benefits . being open and honest is key!

Do NOT work here!

Firearms Department (Former Employee)
Hamburg, PA

I worked at Cabela's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Co-workers are fellow sportsman Tempting to spend your entire paycheck where you work Quality of… Cons: Low pay Schedule not set, and changes constantly Understaffed Turn-around scheduling; close then… Advice to Senior Management: Don't make fun of the customers at morning meetings! More than once, store manager from Texas made fun of the customers from NJ and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Rather than being inspired, inspectors work under zero tolerance resulting in over-riding fear of firing .

Firearms Inspector (Former Employee)
Dundee, MI

I worked at Cabela's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Pleasant clean atmosphere and congenial peers. There are many interesting… Cons: Confusion about policy and implimentation - managers, leads, departments, and upper management. No continuity of… Advice to Senior Management: The following is offered respectfully with the knowledge that it is my opinion alone. If concealed carry and open carry are allowed in stores where the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cabela's.

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cabela's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cabela's CEO Thomas L. Millner. All reviews posted anonymously by Cabela's employees.