Cabela's
www.cabelas.com Sidney, NE 5000+ Employees

Little Opportunity for Advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sidney, NE

I worked at Cabela's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCabela's is a premiere retailer and puts its customers and its Brand at the forefront of everything they do.

ConsThere are managers that run their areas and treat their employees with such arrogance and entitlement that it makes for a difficult work environment. These same managers do not consider promoting their employees but seem to get promotions for themselves. Their excessive hunting/fishing trips at the cost of the company are a priority while business can sometimes suffer. Managers who do not have children do not understand the need for work/life balance when it comes to illness or medical appointments. When issues are brought to the attention of HR, the managers prevail.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee surveys are conducted each year and are to be shared with employees and used as a tool to improve work environments. Yet there are departments that have not seen results for years.

Terrible place and still paying for it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sidney, NE

I worked at Cabela's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Products and coworkers are fun to work with. Cons: Do not by any means get sucked into moving to Sidney. Bought a house there and after deciding to move away have had it now… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue, nobody really wants to live there. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to advance in the the retail management world.

Footwear Lead (Current Employee)
Gonzales, LA

I have been working at Cabela's full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competitive pay and benefits. Great discount. Friendly atmosphere. They do a great job of hiring for… Cons: As with every retail job weekends are a must. Busy during hunting season… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cabela's.

Worked for Cabela's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cabela's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cabela's CEO Thomas L. Millner. All reviews posted anonymously by Cabela's employees.