Cabela's

www.cabelas.com
  www.cabelas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

A stepping stone for a better position, later

Current Employee - Back End Retail Outfitter in Buda, TX
Current Employee - Back End Retail Outfitter in Buda, TX

I have been working at Cabela's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my department, you get to work independently and with little direction. The manager pretty much trusts you to get your work done in the time allotted. Only time you get a task list is if there is a special project or sale coming.

Cons

There is a serious lack of respect and appreciation for the overnight team. Its a small team that is responsible for replenishing merchandise and are often blamed for misplaced items and improper inventory practices. The warehouse manger does not seem to be an advocate for his team. Too many rumors run around.

Create more incentives for supply chain and overnight teams.

238 Other Employee Reviews for Cabela's (View Most Recent)

Grateful to have this job

Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA
    Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA

I have been working at Cabela's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am forever grateful to have this job and they were willing to take a chance with me. I had zero retail experience, but they saw that I was willing to be here.

Cons

The downside is the pay, part time medical insurance, and cut in hours after the holidays.

Really do take a good look at who you are hiring. Yes, the low wages is a factor. You have some employees that take advantage of you; while many of us have good work ethics and are willing to give their all even with the low wage base. We are not the brown nosers, but the ones who remain silent and try are best to do the best job possible.

Excellent, unless one person has too much control over a store

Former Employee - Front End Lead in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Front End Lead in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cabela's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay well and promote their best workers. It's a very family friendly atmosphere.

Cons

This may have changed, but the store manager at the Fort Worth location was rarely seen. He would come down when we had long lines in the front and try to fix it, but short of him getting on a register, there was nothing to be done. If you needed to find him he was either in his office, in the firearms section or gone.

Don't rely on your private label stuff to drive business and bring in new customers. Stop shoving the credit card down people's throat. Yes, the store makes money. No, it's not good in the long run for the economy or the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's