There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's

A stepping stone for a better position, later

Current Employee - Back End Retail Outfitter in Buda, TX
Current Employee - Back End Retail Outfitter in Buda, TX

I have been working at Cabela's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In my department, you get to work independently and with little direction. The manager pretty much trusts you to get your work done in the time allotted. Only time you get a task list is if there is a special project or sale coming.

Cons

There is a serious lack of respect and appreciation for the overnight team. Its a small team that is responsible for replenishing merchandise and are often blamed for misplaced items and improper inventory practices. The warehouse manger does not seem to be an advocate for his team. Too many rumors run around.

Create more incentives for supply chain and overnight teams.

reviews filtered by
  1. Grateful to have this job

Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA
    Current Employee - Part Time Outfitter in Tulalip, WA

I have been working at Cabela's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am forever grateful to have this job and they were willing to take a chance with me. I had zero retail experience, but they saw that I was willing to be here.

Cons

The downside is the pay, part time medical insurance, and cut in hours after the holidays.

Really do take a good look at who you are hiring. Yes, the low wages is a factor. You have some employees that take advantage of you; while many of us have good work ethics and are willing to give their all even with the low wage base. We are not the brown nosers, but the ones who remain silent and try are best to do the best job possible.

Hard Work, Poor Pay

Former Employee - Front End Lead in Richfield, WI
    Former Employee - Front End Lead in Richfield, WI

I worked at Cabela's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to make decisions. Ok discounts, discount off of original price, not sale price though.
    Fast pace environment during holidays.

Cons

Poor communication.
    Terrible Pay.
    Front end supervisor position pays way less than other supervisor positions but with way more responsibility.
    Poor cross training in departments.
    Lack of Point of Sale training for floor employees.

Pay the right employees the right amount of money or you'll lose those people to competitors. Pay employees based off of responsibility. Floor supervisors should not make WAY more than customer service supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Cabela's