Cabell Huntington Hospital

There are newer employer reviews for Cabell Huntington Hospital

Neurophysiology

Current Employee - R_EEG_T in Huntington, WV
Current Employee - R_EEG_T in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Cabell Huntington Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Boss, good co-workers. Pay and benifits are above other hospitals. I love my job.

Cons

The turnover rate of dr.s is a little unsettling. We have been without an epileptologist for the past 5 months, but one has signed and will be taking over by September.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Cabell Huntington Hospital (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Pca in Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - Pca in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Cabell Huntington Hospital

Pros

Friendly people, plus great benefits

Cons

Stresses of the hospital, understaffing at times, but that is getting better

Consider the staff as well when making some higher decisions

Great opportunities to advance if you're willing to put in the work (I started as a housekeeper, just saying...).

Current Employee - RN-Telemetry/Step-down in Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - RN-Telemetry/Step-down in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Cabell Huntington Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Highest pay for most departments. Great benefits. Education assistance & reimbursement. New construction & upgrades in various departments. Average working environments. Doctors are mostly easy to work with.

Cons

Administration & management make broad decisions without thinking the process through (Ex. Hourly Rounding forms that has created double charting because it's already done in the computer). Staffing matrix doesn't provide for adequate coverage (Ex. 20 pts will allow us to have 5 RNs on the floor but 19 does not).
    Some departments are unionized.

Make a sincere attempt to find out whether or not a plan or new program is feasible...talk to those who have to implement your ideas. Stop spending money on huge employee productions (i.e. The Yellow Brick Road). Stop allowing those who are in the union to manipulate their way out of working, thereby tying up positions that can be filled by people who actually want to work!

There are newer employer reviews for Cabell Huntington Hospital