There are newer employer reviews for Cabinets To Go!

Terrible company to work for

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of any pros.

Cons

You are given tons of responsibilities with ZERO direction or training. Upper management will be quick to repremand any mistakes made, even though there are no policies or procedures to be followed. They give no support at all. This is a cabinet chain that cannot keep stock of their product. Their core business strategy is to overload all of the front line employees and just keep yelling SELL SELL SELL! Even when they have no inventory to sell.

Advice to Management

Develop the infrastructure the company desperately needs. Provide the support your staff needs. Get a clue, and learn something about the cabinet industry. Train your employees. Be honest with your employees, stop making promises that you cannot keep.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. This place just got the right driver onto the bus. A new beginning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging environment, never a dull moment. Plenty of customers and tasks to keep you busy bell to bell. This is a newer company where things are starting to look up, as of my writing this. I feel it is a very good time to get in on the ground level.

Cons

Constant change, still a lot of growing pains to work through here. Candidates will have to go long on their investment, but it'll pay off. Currently family health coverage is very basic.

Advice to Management

Please realize that every non frontline employees ultimate job is to serve those who serve our customers. Don't get in the way of that. Also, keep our regular associates informed.

Change has come.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jeff Linden is out and a new CEO is in, hopefully Jerry will kick butt as he himself has risen from the lower ranks and understands the customer importance. And my personal opinion, a happy customer makes a happy employee.

Cons

Not having the product to sell to customers. Can't tell you how many lost sales have occurred as a result of backorder items.