CableLabs

www.cablelabs.com
  www.cablelabs.com
There are newer employer reviews for CableLabs

Great place to work with a largely positive environment

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Louisville, CO
Current Employee - Senior Architect in Louisville, CO

I have been working at CableLabs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Provides good benefits and salary, a largely positive environment that believes in employee empowerment. Its a research and development lab that provides a platform to learn a lot of new things and connect with the cable industry at large.

Cons

CableLabs does R&D for the cable industry and traditionally the cable industry has been a very closed industry. Does not have the fast pace of innovation that is seen in the rest of the tech industry at large.

CableLabs traditional role has been to be a technology facilitator. However the cable industry is going thru a transition and we need to understand that we have to be instigators also along with facilitators. We need to expand our horizon and venture into new technologies instead of always playing it safe.

16 Other Employee Reviews for CableLabs (View Most Recent)

I found Cablelabs a fantastic place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I worked at CableLabs

Pros

My colleagues were great to work with, and it was stimulating working with some of the cable industry experts.

Cons

Fluctuating budgets sometimes affect commitment to some projects.

Unrealized Potential due to a lack of executive management people skills and strategic vision.

Current Employee - Principal Architect in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Architect in Louisville, CO

I have been working at CableLabs

Pros

The Cable industry is always evolving and moves pretty quickly. CableLabs staff is strong technically and has in depth experience. The employees are pleasant to work with.

Cons

Executives seem to focus on administrative, low importance busy work and pitting various groups within the matrix organization against each other.

Develop a strategic vision that suits the company and its Members. Find ways to reward employees for collaboration with strong results. Take responsibility for low result of the employee surveys

There are newer employer reviews for CableLabs