There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems

I was not treated as a human being, but more like a robot.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II  in  Jericho, NY
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Friendly co-workers, benefit package once hired as perm, clean building (for call center), decent starting wage (temp-to-hire), paid training, promotions from within (after 6 months)

Cons

Call Center Micro-Management
Training glosses over many issues necessary to do job
No tolerance for sick-time for unavoidable absence due to hospitalization
Temp-to-hire policy leaves you walking on eggshells
Late night shifts only for new employees
Metrics are over-emphazied (to the detriment of quality of service)

Some floor supervisors in TSG (technical support group) share that they are not filled-in on much by upper management. I was terminated from my job for 'attendance' reasons following two brief unavoidable hospitalizations because of a very painful infection in my leg. I kept the company posted every day and was told that I should just bring back my documentation from the hospital. For a company that stresses "empathy' over and over during training, my termination seems somewhat inconsistent, especially because I was putting my health first. From my direct supervisor and my (temp-to-hire) staffing agency, I was told that my termination had nothing to do with performance and that it is not surprising that my assignment ended prematurely because 'this is how call centers operate". Wake up Optimum your employees are not just numbers. This is a decent paying fairly high stress job if you can get past the first 500 hours.

300 Other Employee Reviews for Cablevision Systems (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed the work but the goals and rule have changed so dramatically that its impossible to make decent money anymore.

Current Employee - Residential Account Executive  in  Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Residential Account Executive in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

The benefits are decent, the independence is very good if you don't mind working on your own. The lenghth of vacation time is very good (3 weeks) from the first year.

Cons

The sales goals and product pricing has gone up drastically. The goals are very hard to hit with the fierce competition. This year if you sell at the same levels as last year you earn half as much commissions.

Most people in my department work very hard at the job. We pay for our own gas which has gone up considerably over the past few years. We pay for our own phones. If you don't set goals which are achievable, all the best people are going to leave. Every single person in my office is looking to leave. Everyone.

Lower the price!! We shouldn't be priced higher than FIOS. People used to switch to us for fair prices!

Your executives who manage our department are out of touch. Have them walk with the salespeople once a month so they see what we are up against.

The job itself is ok, dealing with my superiors is another story.

Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Medical Benefits, Free Cable TV, Phone and Internet. Discounts to area attractions and sports tickets. Free Coffee. Pleasant Co-Workers. Fair Dress Code.

Cons

The lack of choice of hours. Difficulty getting time off regardless of seniority. Poor training methods. Management and supervisors concerned about themselves vs the welfare of employees. The promise of an "Open Door" policy only to have that policy work against you.

Pretty soon your business will become irrelevant. I suggest you make things flexible for your workers to allow them to make a difference for customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!