Cablevision Systems

www.cablevision.com

I enjoyed the work but the goals and rule have changed so dramatically that its impossible to make decent money anymore.

Residential Account Executive (Current Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsThe benefits are decent, the independence is very good if you don't mind working on your own. The lenghth of vacation time is very good (3 weeks) from the first year.

ConsThe sales goals and product pricing has gone up drastically. The goals are very hard to hit with the fierce competition. This year if you sell at the same levels as last year you earn half as much commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost people in my department work very hard at the job. We pay for our own gas which has gone up considerably over the past few years. We pay for our own phones. If you don't set goals which are achievable, all the best people are going to leave. Every single person in my office is looking to leave. Everyone.

Lower the price!! We shouldn't be priced higher than FIOS. People used to switch to us for fair prices!

Your executives who manage our department are out of touch. Have them walk with the salespeople once a month so they see what we are up against.

The job itself is ok, dealing with my superiors is another story.

Advanced Support Representative (Current Employee) Melville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros: Medical Benefits, Free Cable TV, Phone and Internet. Discounts to area… Cons: The lack of choice of hours. Difficulty getting time off regardless of seniority. Poor training methods. Management and supervisors concerned about… Advice to Senior Management: Pretty soon your business will become irrelevant. I suggest you make things… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I was not treated as a human being, but more like a robot.

Technical Support Representative Tier II (Former Employee) Jericho, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros: Friendly co-workers, benefit package once hired as perm, clean building (for call… Cons: Call Center Micro-Management Training glosses over many issues necessary to do job No tolerance for sick-time for unavoidable absence due to hospitalization Temp-to-hire… Advice to Senior Management: Some floor supervisors in TSG (technical support group) share that they are not filled-in on much by upper management. I was terminated from my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cablevision Systems.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!