Cablevision Systems

www.cablevision.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems

Great employees, good benefits, very ineffective management team!!

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Stratford, CT
Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Stratford, CT

I worked at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Founder & chairman, Charles Dolan has always been a 'silent mentor' to me. His wisdom, tenacity and financial agility are positive attributes that guided him in creating a successful company. Excellent benefits

Cons

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT - VPs to managers, who for the most part have no clue as to how to effectively manage the greatest asset (their employees) any company will ever have! Its a shame that the company invest so much in providing leadership seminars etc in an effort to develop its people BUT there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY. Managers do not know how to lead and supervisors have no positive role models so its a game of blind leading blind. This results in very poor employee relationships because managers etc know how to 'add' the numbers but not what they really mean in terms of relationship building, employee job satisfaction/motivation and effective stakeholder- management

Advice to Mr Dolan and his TMT (top management team). Organizations now have to compete in a global economy which comprises of a multi-generational & diverse set of employees. Even though your call centers and other primary contact employees are in a closed system, it is critical to have managers and other leaders who can effectively manage the people. 'You' taught me long ago in one of my first leadership seminars to 'manage the behaviors that drive the numbers' BUT the mgt team at the CT location does the opposite...please listen to your employees and rebuild the legacy created by Mr Dolan Sr.

349 Other Employee Reviews for Cablevision Systems (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed the work but the goals and rule have changed so dramatically that its impossible to make decent money anymore.

Current Employee - Residential Account Executive in Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Residential Account Executive in Morris Plains, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

The benefits are decent, the independence is very good if you don't mind working on your own. The lenghth of vacation time is very good (3 weeks) from the first year.

Cons

The sales goals and product pricing has gone up drastically. The goals are very hard to hit with the fierce competition. This year if you sell at the same levels as last year you earn half as much commissions.

Most people in my department work very hard at the job. We pay for our own gas which has gone up considerably over the past few years. We pay for our own phones. If you don't set goals which are achievable, all the best people are going to leave. Every single person in my office is looking to leave. Everyone.

Lower the price!! We shouldn't be priced higher than FIOS. People used to switch to us for fair prices!

Your executives who manage our department are out of touch. Have them walk with the salespeople once a month so they see what we are up against.

The job itself is ok, dealing with my superiors is another story.

Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Medical Benefits, Free Cable TV, Phone and Internet. Discounts to area attractions and sports tickets. Free Coffee. Pleasant Co-Workers. Fair Dress Code.

Cons

The lack of choice of hours. Difficulty getting time off regardless of seniority. Poor training methods. Management and supervisors concerned about themselves vs the welfare of employees. The promise of an "Open Door" policy only to have that policy work against you.

Pretty soon your business will become irrelevant. I suggest you make things flexible for your workers to allow them to make a difference for customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems