Very difficult to make sales with an average closing ratio of 7-10%

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oakland, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oakland, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Excellent benefits that start a day one when your hired.

Cons

Work day is from 12:00PM-9:00PM. Customers that you're trying to win back from FIOS, Direct-TV and DISH, really hate Cablevision and won't come back even if you gave the service for free. A lot of micro-management by your supervisor. You need a minimum of 7 triple win back sales per month or you're fired. Very few Reps are successful and are with the company for years.

Advice to Management

Listen to what Reps are saying and act. Don't think you know everything, saying we have done this for years and we've been successful. Well...you could be more successful by listening to imput from various Reps.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Atmosphere is ok, compensation could be much better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

great benefits package, plenty of time off, although sometimes it means not getting paid for the day

Cons

compensation is very low compared to other companies, wages become stagnant after a few years and growth within the company is hard.

Advice to Management

Compensation for ASRs is low considering the fact we're responsible for troubleshooting Broadband service, VoIP service, Cable TV, general customer service inquiries, and handle the same for Business class customers as well. The additional work load is not a problem the low compensation is the issue.

Hard Core Call Center Work

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good health insurance Free or Discounted cable TV.

Cons

Your only allowed to go the the bathroom 3 times a day (I actually saved the email). We are instructed to sell everyone everything (DVR, GOLD, IN DEMAND) no matter what they ask for and do a real quick summation so the customer doesn't catch it. System is complicated and loaded with errors and roadblocks. The wrong calls are constantly routed to sales counting against our performance. If you make the slightest error in entering the order the sale is taken away from you. Two months of training on broken computers and inaccurate systems You do not have a job until you pass the two months of training. Trainees are constantly fired if they do bad on one test. Supervisors sometimes disappear and when they are there aren't always helpful. Starting hours are 3pm to Midnight (no exceptions). Commission is not really commission. Its a 5 level bonus systems that will always favor the more experienced workers.

Advice to Management

Stop using the excuse "IT'S A CALL CENTER" in order to treat people like slaves. Get a better, faster system to help us help the customers faster. How dare you have trainers who announce after training starts that 'YOU ALL DON'T HAVE JOBS YET, I HAVE A JOB"