Retention Department

Former Employee - Retention Representative in Piscataway, NJ
Former Employee - Retention Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of money to be made as expected in many sales job. Free cable, internet and phone. Including all the premium channels. Top performers get a free weekend trip annually to some exotic location.

Cons

Very hostile place to work. Certain supervisors would throw you under the bus to save face, immediate mangement most time have no ideas to solve problems because they are not smart.

Advice to Management

Hire some real smart MBA graduates and not your families, friends and cronies if you want yourbusiness to survive. Verizon is always on the attack!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Life as a Cablevision Tech

Current Employee - Cable Technician in Wappingers Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in Wappingers Falls, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The companies benefits are good and the work load is rarely overwhelming. Everything is provided to you. The pay really isn't that bad

Cons

Its hard to advance in your career. Most supervisors make less than some technicians because the pay rate changes from a hourly pay rate to an annual salary so theres not much to look forward to while working in the field.

Advice to Management

Offer us the ability to learn more about different departments so that we can all advance in our careers. Hire based on knowledge not salary.

Hard Core Call Center Work

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good health insurance
    Free or Discounted cable TV.

Cons

Your only allowed to go the the bathroom 3 times a day (I actually saved the email).
    We are instructed to sell everyone everything (DVR, GOLD, IN DEMAND) no matter what they ask for and do a real quick summation so the customer doesn't catch it.
    System is complicated and loaded with errors and roadblocks.
    The wrong calls are constantly routed to sales counting against our performance.
    If you make the slightest error in entering the order the sale is taken away from you.
    Two months of training on broken computers and inaccurate systems
    You do not have a job until you pass the two months of training.
    Trainees are constantly fired if they do bad on one test.
    Supervisors sometimes disappear and when they are there aren't always helpful.
    Starting hours are 3pm to Midnight (no exceptions).
    Commission is not really commission. Its a 5 level bonus systems that will always favor the more experienced workers.

Advice to Management

Stop using the excuse "IT'S A CALL CENTER" in order to treat people like slaves.
    Get a better, faster system to help us help the customers faster.
    How dare you have trainers who announce after training starts that 'YOU ALL DON'T HAVE JOBS YET, I HAVE A JOB"