There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems

Retention Department

Former Employee - Retention Representative in Piscataway, NJ
Former Employee - Retention Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of money to be made as expected in many sales job. Free cable, internet and phone. Including all the premium channels. Top performers get a free weekend trip annually to some exotic location.

Cons

Very hostile place to work. Certain supervisors would throw you under the bus to save face, immediate mangement most time have no ideas to solve problems because they are not smart.

Hire some real smart MBA graduates and not your families, friends and cronies if you want yourbusiness to survive. Verizon is always on the attack!

reviews filtered by
  1. Life as a Cablevision Tech

Current Employee - Cable Technician in Wappingers Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in Wappingers Falls, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The companies benefits are good and the work load is rarely overwhelming. Everything is provided to you. The pay really isn't that bad

Cons

Its hard to advance in your career. Most supervisors make less than some technicians because the pay rate changes from a hourly pay rate to an annual salary so theres not much to look forward to while working in the field.

Offer us the ability to learn more about different departments so that we can all advance in our careers. Hire based on knowledge not salary.

Very difficult to make sales with an average closing ratio of 7-10%

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oakland, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Oakland, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems

Pros

Excellent benefits that start a day one when your hired.

Cons

Work day is from 12:00PM-9:00PM. Customers that you're trying to win back from FIOS, Direct-TV and DISH, really hate Cablevision and won't come back even if you gave the service for free. A lot of micro-management by your supervisor. You need a minimum of 7 triple win back sales per month or you're fired. Very few Reps are successful and are with the company for years.

Listen to what Reps are saying and act. Don't think you know everything, saying we have done this for years and we've been successful. Well...you could be more successful by listening to imput from various Reps.

There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems