Cablevision Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems

Hit and Miss at Cablevision

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits and a chance at always upgrading your skills. They have a tight knit team once you get in with the right people. I honestly feel that most of the team I worked with were trying to be helpful.
all of the benefits of working with a large company.

Cons

Your just a number. If you work for a small department and have a good realation with your boss you may love it. I however worked in a large dept and felt like I was just another number out of the 16,000
others. They have quota's on solving tickets. They are numbers focused instead of quality focused.
large numbers of consultants who may be gone in a day or so. You have to really chase down people to find out answers that should be given to you to do your job.

Have a formal training and intro program so you don't spend weeks in just getting passwords and a layout of the network.

333 Other Employee Reviews for Cablevision Systems (View Most Recent)

Retention Department

Former Employee - Retention Representative in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Retention Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of money to be made as expected in many sales job. Free cable, internet and phone. Including all the premium channels. Top performers get a free weekend trip annually to some exotic location.

Cons

Very hostile place to work. Certain supervisors would throw you under the bus to save face, immediate mangement most time have no ideas to solve problems because they are not smart.

Hire some real smart MBA graduates and not your families, friends and cronies if you want yourbusiness to survive. Verizon is always on the attack!

Life as a Cablevision Tech

Current Employee - Cable Technician in Wappingers Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Cable Technician in Wappingers Falls, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The companies benefits are good and the work load is rarely overwhelming. Everything is provided to you. The pay really isn't that bad

Cons

Its hard to advance in your career. Most supervisors make less than some technicians because the pay rate changes from a hourly pay rate to an annual salary so theres not much to look forward to while working in the field.

Offer us the ability to learn more about different departments so that we can all advance in our careers. Hire based on knowledge not salary.

There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems