Stay Far Far Away!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Health Insurance, but nothing outstanding.

Cons

-They take the "Call Center" concept to the extreme. You are virtually chained to your desk. One bathroom break in the morning, one in the afternoon.
-Outdated Sales Windows system with literally 100's of check boxes that apply to different regions and programs that are almost impossible to keep track of. If you check the wrong boxes you can easily spend 45minutes trying to fix it while the customer gets frustrated.
-Most calls come from Brooklyn and The Bronx; customers with poor credit call over and over again hoping to find someone who will sign them up (even though it can't physically be done). Many customers are immigrants who you just can't understand.
-If you do give a customer the wrong program you get a nasty email in big red print overnight and you have to call the customer and tell them they can't have the program; incredibly unprofessional.
-Pay is $12.00 and hour and the so called "commission" is really a discretionary bonus.
-They have about 150 Call Center Agents in Piscataway and replace about 10 a month -very few people want to stay and take the abuse.
-Worst of all they try to "trick" potential subscribers into buying what they don't want. They do this by summarizing their order REALLY fast and saying under their breath, "you wanted 6 DVR's and The -Gold Package" regardless of what the customer asks for. I'm surprised the FCC hasn't investigated this scam.
-Like I said Said Far Far Away.

Advice to Management

Take ethics classes.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really care about their staff and customers

Cons

None that I can think of yet

Advice to Management

Keep on the path you're on

2. Cablevision is a great place to work - interesting project, people and a great environment.

Current Employee - Manager in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A terrific work enviornment with interesting projects. Very fast paced with little to no down-time which is great! Very collaborative team of people which are open minded to new ideas. The customer is at the center of everything we do.

Cons

Very fast paced so at times you don't have the time necessary to explore alternative approaches. This requires ongoing compromise but such is the case almost everywhere. On some of the more critical projects it would be great to have a bit more time.

Advice to Management

I'm really impressed with my direct management team and the executive staff as well.