Cablevision Systems

www.cablevision.com

A "family" company with no loyalty to employees

Instructional Designer (Current Employee)

ProsCablevision offers a competitive salary and a cost of living raise but nothing merit based. My particular situation allowed for a flexible schedule, The healthcare benefits were really amazing, low deductibles and copays but high coverage. Additional benefits with free services. There is a great company wide emphasis on training and promoting from within the company and in entry level positions a career progression system is established.

ConsFor a communications company there is limited and slow inter-office communications. The compartmentalization of departments and the top heavy management structure encourage a lot of office politics. Process that could be completed in 3 days will take up to 3 weeks because you have to play the game and appease the egos.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring VPs and start training the managers and directors to be more effective. Open up the business structure, so there is less of the "us vs them" attitude.

A stifling environment that stunted my career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Free cable/internet/phone. There are a handful of corporate discounts… Cons: I worked in the Corporate IT department for over five years. If there is any culture at all in the company, it is a… Advice to Senior Management: The company is run poorly from the loud-mouth owner down to the lowliest intern. It feels less like a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's a great company, but you have to work hard.

Retention Specialist (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits, great pay. There are some really talented people… Cons: Competition from other tv companies are really hurting Advice to Senior Management: None. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cablevision Systems.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!