Good Company to work for if you off the the phones

Current Employee - TSG Representative Leve II  in  Jericho, NY
Current Employee - TSG Representative Leve II in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, good pay if you are not doing phone work. Great benefits and of course free cable. On Holidays, you get paid triple and on your second day, get paid double time as oppose to regular overtime. It is a place you can make money if you are willing to work for it.

Cons

when you are working in call center, whether it be TSG or customer service, it is very stressful. You are just a number, as a matter of fact my supervior told us in a team meeting just that, our opinions didn't matter much. Its a numbers game...If you do not like being on the phone for an extended period of time, this job is not for you. Also, getting a different position or a change of schedule is difficult as there are is a 1st preference to older employees with seniority

Management need to listen to employees and supervisors and leads need to "man up" and take supe calls when they arise, stop appeasing customers all the time.

Other Reviews for Cablevision Systems

A "family" company with no loyalty to employees

Current Employee - Instructional Designer
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cablevision offers a competitive salary and a cost of living raise but nothing merit based. My particular situation allowed for a flexible schedule, The healthcare benefits were really amazing, low deductibles and copays but high coverage. Additional benefits with free services. There is a great company wide emphasis on training and promoting from within the company and in entry level positions a career progression system is established.

Cons

For a communications company there is limited and slow inter-office communications. The compartmentalization of departments and the top heavy management structure encourage a lot of office politics. Process that could be completed in 3 days will take up to 3 weeks because you have to play the game and appease the egos.

Stop hiring VPs and start training the managers and directors to be more effective. Open up the business structure, so there is less of the "us vs them" attitude.

A stifling environment that stunted my career growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free cable/internet/phone. There are a handful of corporate discounts that employees receive.

Cons

I worked in the Corporate IT department for over five years. If there is any culture at all in the company, it is a "you are nothing more than your job function" culture. There is little to no chance for advancement, and the ability to change positions is largely based on your current role, nothing more. Raises are hard to come by and are usually less than 3%. Compensation is based on "pay grades," and it is possible to reach the top of a pay grade and not receive future raises. Training is also only based on your current role, and you will not be approved for training outside your job function.

There is a clear cut hierarchy based on titles, and you are expected to respect or even fear a person's title. There are a lot of bad or poorly trained managers throughout the company.

The company is run poorly from the loud-mouth owner down to the lowliest intern. It feels less like a fortune 500 company and more like a utility. Employees would benefit from a little appreciation from time to time.

There are newer employer reviews for Cablevision Systems.

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!