Cabot

www.cabot-corp.com
  www.cabot-corp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cabot

Chances for growth in some functions (finance, marketing, sales) but low ceiling for other functions (R&D).

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Cabot

Pros

Commitment to safety, ethical, good benefits, diversified company with opportunities to move into new careers without having to leave the company, 100% tuition reimbursement

Cons

Promotions from within do happen but majority of senior management positions are filled with external candidates. Without a graduate degree from Harvard or MIT it will be difficult to become a senior manager or director.

I would change the R&D organization by creating additional levels for research associates, especially for non-engineers, so individuals have the ability to be promoted.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Cabot (View Most Recent)

Good

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Billerica, MA

I worked at Cabot

Pros

Great people with great attitute to work and growth of the company. I would consider working for them agian after I graduate.

Cons

Location did not workout for me as my family lived in new york and travelling back to Ny over the weekend was getting my health concern.

Keep up the good work, new members in your team will help more look forward in time for the company.

Solid but not spectacular

Current Employee - Senior Internal Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Internal Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cabot

Pros

The people are good and friendly. There is professional work culture and supportive atmosphere for one to grow in. Depending on the role there is an opportunity to travel significantly. One can travel to several exotic locations all over the globe such as Asian, North America, Europe, South America as well as Europe. Pay is good and you will get the opporunity to be reviewed for pay raises at least annually. The company is well established as well as well respected in it's industry. They make conservative stable decisions, based on the long term welfare of the company and it's employees.

Cons

There are limited career advancement opportunities if you are not willing to relocate, the companie's corporate offices are in Boston and therefore senior mangement roles would require you to move there. Again, depending on the role you take on, the travel can be very taxing and you will be required to be away from family for significant periods of time. In the same vein, depending on the size of the team you will be working with them very often and repeatedly. Again, that can be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your relationships with the team.

Senior management should be a little more dynamic in responding to market situations and industry-specific developments and competitive pressures. Although the Senior Management is often aware of all the above, they should be a bit quick to respond to these situations.

There are newer employer reviews for Cabot