Cadbury
www.cadbury.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Cadbury Canada Review - Marketing Group

ABM (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCadbury Canada is a good place for people who have been in brand management before to work on a good strong portfolio of brands. Since I worked there a lot of the program management was moved to the US, so from what I understand little creative is actually made in Canada for Canada. The office is fairly new and in a good location (although it's uptown - north york) - office morale was pretty good in the marketing group with a lot of young people who were fun to work with. HR activity was also pretty good in terms of benefits.

ConsWhat I mentioned before about Canadian creative being picked up from the US - regardless of this, a very large proportion of the brand management work at Cadbury was product development (ie working with other offices around the world including factories to create new product offerings ) while this is interesting and enjoyable, it can make the work very project management-oriented. The advertising side of things was a small portion of the job and usually followed the launch of a product. Nielsen is also a very large part of the more junior positions - overall training was also not that great for junior positions. Cadbury was becoming famous for losing their people to better companies promotions in the marketing group at that time would happen rarely.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think overall there was a lot of staff movement that was done, not always taking into account the member's own preference of which direction they wanted to take their career. People were moved without much choice into different departments and while that works with certain people, I did not get the sense that management did so taking the actual person's style into account. Also they need to promote good work more readily - good people on staff would leave and all be promoted elsewhere - so if the market feels they should be promoted, Cadbury would not be any different!

Positive with abundant opportunities to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cadbury full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1. Collaborative environment which stimulated business growth 2. Oppoutunities… Cons: 1. Business unit centric 2. Redundant solutions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great learning Experience

AREA SALES MANAGER (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cadbury full-time for more than a year

Pros: good people. care about peoples career Cons: too Hi expectations. after takeover transition has not been smooth Advice to Senior Management: speak to the people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cadbury.

Worked for Cadbury? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cadbury reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cadbury CEO Irene Rosenfeld. All reviews posted anonymously by Cadbury employees.