There are newer employer reviews for Cadbury

Everyone goes on about the free chocolate, but actually you can only eat so much dairy milk

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - IT Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Cadbury

Pros

Great brand to have on your CV
Free chocolate
Use some great brand advertising agencies
Employee benefits are very good

Cons

Senior management are stuck in the 1970s - aloof and awkward around employees
'Collegiate approach' means that its hard to get anything done

A major reduction is still required in the number of senior managers. There is so much duplication of responsibility in the organisation

39 Other Employee Reviews for Cadbury (View Most Recent)

Cadbury Canada Review - Marketing Group

Former Employee - ABM  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - ABM in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Cadbury

Pros

Cadbury Canada is a good place for people who have been in brand management before to work on a good strong portfolio of brands. Since I worked there a lot of the program management was moved to the US, so from what I understand little creative is actually made in Canada for Canada. The office is fairly new and in a good location (although it's uptown - north york) - office morale was pretty good in the marketing group with a lot of young people who were fun to work with. HR activity was also pretty good in terms of benefits.

Cons

What I mentioned before about Canadian creative being picked up from the US - regardless of this, a very large proportion of the brand management work at Cadbury was product development (ie working with other offices around the world including factories to create new product offerings ) while this is interesting and enjoyable, it can make the work very project management-oriented. The advertising side of things was a small portion of the job and usually followed the launch of a product. Nielsen is also a very large part of the more junior positions - overall training was also not that great for junior positions. Cadbury was becoming famous for losing their people to better companies promotions in the marketing group at that time would happen rarely.

I think overall there was a lot of staff movement that was done, not always taking into account the member's own preference of which direction they wanted to take their career. People were moved without much choice into different departments and while that works with certain people, I did not get the sense that management did so taking the actual person's style into account. Also they need to promote good work more readily - good people on staff would leave and all be promoted elsewhere - so if the market feels they should be promoted, Cadbury would not be any different!

Positive with abundant opportunities to learn and grow

I worked at Cadbury full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Collaborative environment which stimulated business growth
    2. Oppoutunities for international travel
    3 Shared vision

Cons

1. Business unit centric
    2. Redundant solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Cadbury

Worked for Cadbury? Contribute to the Community!