Cadence Design Systems

www.cadence.com
  www.cadence.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cadence Design Systems

Very good coworkers; somewhat limited opportunities; need to invest more in customer support

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cadence Design Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing I can say is that most coworkers at the individual contributor level, and first-level managers who had worked their way up over time from the roles they were now managing, were very good and I have great respect for their skills, values, and work ethic. There are always exceptions to this of course, but they were the minority.

Cons

On the field side, work/life balance is not satisfactory and that is echoed by others. It does depend on your customer assignments, though. Even in profitable spaces, however, management seems unwilling to make changes to alleviate this, even when asked directly and repeatedly. There is instead a push to just do more with less, and faster. In my observation, this results in lost opportunities for business growth and career development, and risks high rates of burnout.

Upper management at the C-level and executive staff appear to be doing a steady and solid job in steering the company. This is especially true in contrast to the group under Mike Fister and his staff that were cleaned out by the board some years ago. Things are much better now.

I would advise management to look closely into their customers' satisfaction, and invest more to raise it. Don't manage to investors' expectations of margins, like this was just another software company, but give to customers the technical support they need (not just to the favored "top" customers). You will see dividends in customer and employee satisfaction and productivity.

358 Other Employee Reviews for Cadence Design Systems (View Most Recent)

very customer driven

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Lake Katrine, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Lake Katrine, NY

I worked at Cadence Design Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

very customer driven
    good intersite cooperation

Cons

IT support could be better

Intern program could have been better

Former Employee - Automation Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Automation Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Cadence Design Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I joined here as an intern my manager was very friendly and let me work on different project.

Cons

Suddenly my manager was laid off and I was put under different manager, who showed less interest in assigning any work to me. I would find work for myself after talking to different people around.

Have a good well organized program for interns.

There are newer employer reviews for Cadence Design Systems