Caelum Research

www.Caelum.com

Very interesting

Former Employee - Records Specialist  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Records Specialist in Rockville, MD

Pros

I worked for Caelum as a contractor in a federal government document control center and can say that in comparison with other companies ive worked for this company treated its employees very well. In addiiton to the treatment was the benefits package and the fair balance between work and family life. I also liked how management kept a line of communication open between their corporate office and those who worked for them.

Cons

The only con I would say was the pay. As a government contractor i felt that we could have been paid much more considering we did much of the same work as the government employees in the same field.

Keep up the great work and even though you lost your contract with CBER I am certain that other oppertunities will present themselves :)

Other reviews for Caelum Research

Federal Agency Bottom Feeder

Pros

Adequate benefits, very little bureaucracy, very flat organization structure. Upper management know every single individual in the company. They have good relationships with their larger subcontractors and do not try to reduce their staffing levels after a contract is won. They will hire older experienced staff to perform short term assignments.

Cons

There is no future here for anyone with excellent technical skills. Almost all the work requires minimal technical skills. When your job ends Caelum will not put you on overhead until a new job is available. You need to establish a good working relationship with your government manager so you can find work with another contractor when the Caelum contracts ends. Lots of drama at Headquarters.

Grow some of your younger staff. Set aside some funds for training these people so you don't have to continually hire new staff. Be open to new ideas and approaches in running your business.

There are newer employer reviews for Caelum Research.

Worked for Caelum Research? Contribute to the Community!