Caesars Entertainment

www.caesars.com
There are newer employer reviews for Caesars Entertainment

Fun atmosphere, no work/home life balance.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Good Pay
Good Benefits
Fun atmosphere, very exciting.
Room for advancement and always teaching ways to improve your management skills.

Cons

Work Hours
Open on all major holidays.
Guests can treat you very disrespectfully.
Management will not have your back on issues that involve employees

Understand that your great employee's deserve recognition and praise for their work.
Support your management team and be there for them.

408 Other Employee Reviews for Caesars Entertainment (View Most Recent)

Unfair and Incompetent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Fair benefits if your full time
    Very decent pay so long as it's non tipped work
    Most positions give you decent hours even as a part timer (hotel excluded)
    Theres some decent friends to be made
    Guests give pretty good tips and gifts
    There's always fun company events

Cons

"Growth Opportunities" are talked about...just talk.
    Promotion decisions are extremely unfair and are based more on seniority than actual competency
    There is a lot of drama amongst coworkers
    Hotel supervisors screw you on requested time off
    Schedules will be made to the Supervisors benefit more than your own
    If you aren't full time - your screwed on benefits and perks
    Favorites are played - and if you do your job, your not a favorite.

Don't change policies back to the way they were 6 years ago - if we stopped allowing kids in anywhere but the restaurants, there was a reason for it and it obviously shouldn't be changed back. Kids have no place there and within the first day of it being allowed we had a potential child prostituion occur in the hotel - and if you'd discuss changes like this with employees instead of management that don't actually see/speak to customers than it wouldn't happen.

Great Company, but people operating with no ethics aren't punished for it

Current Employee - Marketing Department At Corporate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Marketing Department At Corporate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Good work environment
    Decent pay and benefits
    There are some very smart people in leadership
    One of the best run gaming companies out there
    Good work/life balance
    Most people are friendly

Cons

Employees who operate with no integrity and take credit for the work of others.
    Unfortunately, management does not take this problem seriously enough, and employees who engage in this behavior are never discouraged from behaving in this manner.
    Too many meetings called by people who want to feel important. People have meetings to discuss other meetings. A complete waste of time!
    Gimme Awards lacks credibility due to the people I mentioned in the first line.

Please, please, please provide serious punishment for the employees who do little work and operate with no integrity!

I have worked with several people who have contributed little and produced nothing, but are wonderful at building false perceptions about themselves. People who never work an 8hr day, do little to no work, but are there for the meetings and phone conferences, and somehow are able to get a large part of the credit for the work of others. The icing on this cake is when they get a Gimme Award too! It would be comical if it wasn't such a serious issue.

This type of behavior is disgraceful, bad for morale, hurts team trust, hurts project potential and affects the bottom line. If this was a college, these people would be expelled, if this was the journalism world, these people would be blacklisted, and never work again. However for some reason, at Caesars Entertainment, these people thrive. This encourages others to operate this way, and ultimately increases turnover amongst hardworking, talented employees who do operate with integrity.

I like working for Caesars because I think it is a great company, but I am seriously looking at other opportunities, because I can no longer stomach working with these kind of people and am really disappointed by the nonchalant attitude shown by upper management towards this kind of behavior.

There are newer employer reviews for Caesars Entertainment