Caesars Entertainment

Great people and benefits

Former Employee - Services Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Services Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Caesars offers an amazing benefits package to full-time employees. They have a health and wellness center with work out facilities, nutritionists, personal trainers, etc. It's also a company where, if you're willing to move around frequently, you can grow quickly.

Every Friday in the lobby of each property there is an employee rally. It's a great way to engage people from every department and build work relationships. Great way to end the week (for those of us on a m-f schedule).

Cons

There has been a lot of corporate changes over the last two years. It seemed for a while that every Friday, there was another email stating more senior staff had left the company and someone new was taking their position. However, I believe that can be attributed to "growing pains" in such a time of change.

Biggest issue is a policy change in handling PTO when someone leaves the company. They no longer pay you out your earned vacation time when you separate from the company. So, if you're leaving, you better take vacation time... Or loose it.

I think that the "town hall" sessions with employees are a great quarterly way to keep everyone in the know of what's going on. My only suggestion would be to reinstate payout of vacation time earned when someone leaves the company. If an employee has given enough time to earn vacation, it only seems fair that when they depart they're paid out.

434 Other Employee Reviews for Caesars Entertainment (View Most Recent)

No promotion, less than 3% raises

Former Employee - Casino Beverage Supervisor in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Casino Beverage Supervisor in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Overall the atmosphere was fun.
    Get to meet fun players.
    Few customer complaints.
    Overall easy work/tasks to complete each shift.

Cons

SMOKING.. everywhere (but that is a given as it is a Casino).
    HR is junk and really does not care about problems and doesn't know how to handle them even if they tried.
    Everyone is out for themselves and you really can't trust anyone, especially in Kansas City.
    Dog-eat-Dog. High turn over.

Learn to actually manage people as it seems as if no one is doing anything to have people grow within your organization. It's a MESS!

Job lacks motivation to do a good job.

Current Employee - Engineering in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Engineering in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Work is not that difficult. Can usually get vacation or days off when needed. They supply and clean uniforms. Good coworkers.

Cons

Since the company went private, employee morale has dropped drastically. Many things were taken from employees due to economy, but we never experienced much of a decline in business. Trying too hard to be the Borgota.

There are newer employer reviews for Caesars Entertainment