Harrah's has been great, and will be great again once the economy turns around. Just hang in there!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Bossier City, LA
Current Employee - Manager in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

While career advancement has slowed with the economy, I know this company will be back on top when the economy turns around. Harrah's has always had a reputation for promoting from within and we have so many opportunities to transfer around the same property or around the world. I've fully utilized the easy transfers to gain experience.

Cons

It's a BIG company and that always has its downsides. Decisions are made in Las Vegas and put down to all the properties. Sometimes what is best for Vegas or Corporate is not best for the individual property. This is not a family owned or small company, so you don't always see the logic in decisions. You have to remind yourself that your part of something bigger and there is more to the company than just you and your peers, you have thousands of peers all over the world. Lately, "the professor", has started to value degrees over education AND experience. If you have never worked the casino floor, it's hard to understand the customers and employees. We are a 24 hour operation and our manament team needs to remember that. Titles don't make you "smarter" or "better" than a front-line employee. Respect your team and see how the property could still bank!

John Payne and Gary Loveman should take a long hard look at the decisions being made by the leadership team in Bossier City. I doubt they really know what is going on and what is being hidden from them.

Get back to experience and education. YOu can't learn everything you need to know at Harvard or any of the other schools that are on "the list'.

Other Reviews for Caesars Entertainment

Harrah's I Hardly Know Ye!

Current Employee - Slot Attendant  in  Tunica, MS
    Current Employee - Slot Attendant in Tunica, MS

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Stable corporation, good benefits, competitive salary, training

Cons

Since the economic downturn, it's not the same place I hired in for in July! Skeleton crew, slashing of supplies, TDR stripped bare, practically. Most of us can't get a radio that works before we go onto the floor. Training follow-up has practically stopped. Also, they've combined EVS/Slots/Table Games as well as Total Rewards/Cage. Sheraton is the "stepchild" property here in Tunica - most of the $$$ and effort goes to Horseshoe and that pitiful moneypit Harrah's (formerly The Grand).

To be fair, I realize that revenue is way down, and that drastic measures are probably happening everywhere. I think the real downside is that Harrah's Ent. has overextended itself in acquiring various properties and that this time it's really getting bitten.

I've seen some really good and some really bad mid-level management here. I'm happy to say the really bad ones have been already laid off :)

Don't know how "senior" you mean. If you mean the people here in Tunica, I'd tell them send out their resumes. Harrah's is definitely hurting. If you think it can't happen to you, just ask the guys who were at the Shoe who eventually migrated to the Fitz!

Harrah's come hungry leave happy.

Current Employee - Server  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

Up until the economy took a dive Harrahs has been an amazing place to work. They really do take care of their employees. Between the free cafeteria and the full paid into benefit program they offer, its no wonder the casino and more specifically Harrahs is the number one employer for people in south Jersey.

They offer many opportunities to provide feedback to upper management through different quarterly company wide surveys that are actually reviewed. They offer a week long training program to get you acclamated to the Harrah's environment. Overall, Harrah's offers many more perks than most of the casinos in Atlantic City.

Cons

Middle management is for the most part completely inept when it comes to managing. They have very poor organizational skills.

Place secret customers in some of the departments and keep a close eye on how the management treats their employees. There is some workplace animosity because some middle management do not respect the poeople they have working for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Caesars Entertainment.

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!