Caesars Entertainment
www.caesars.com Las Vegas, NV 5000+ Employees

Compensation for talented professionals is low in the company

Salaried Professional (Current Employee)
Joliet, IL

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

ProsHarrah's provides all the necessary tools to be able to perform the job. The leader in the industry has many properties to transfer to when looking for advancement or other opportunities. Considering a company of its size, Harrahs does a decent job recognizing/awarding its top performing employees. Harrah's recognizes the importance of the relationships it has with its customers proven by the loyalty that many customers have for the company.

ConsHarrah's does not offer "fair market value" compensation for salaried professionals. Since the economic downturn, many departments reduced headcounts through attrition or elimination and those who were left were forced to pick up the additional work without any additional compensation. Merit increase programs were restructured to barely offer standard of living increases as a reward for top performance. Many talented employees have left the company due to this lack of respect and poor judgement executed to provide investors with a healthier bottom line. Unfortunately, the diminishing talent pool will undoubtedly result in less revenue-generating and cost-saving ideas in the future. Although the job market is currently flooded with professionals looking for work, the economy WILL improve and other businesses will gobble up the talent leaving Harrah's with the leftovers. The companies that take care of their own will grow and the others will struggle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to take better care of your salaried professionals. They are more important to the company than you think and its only a matter of time before they abandon ship. The importance of building positive relationships is not only limited to the customer. The employees, both hourly AND salaried, are a large part of the product that you offer.

Good Company

Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee)
Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros: Harrah's is a the largest casino company in America; therefore, there are lots of opportunities for advancement. Their… Cons: I work in housekeeping so it is a tough job. It's ashamed to see that a billion dollars casino can't provide the necessary supplies and… Advice to Senior Management: Bring back 401(k). More

my opinion

Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment

Pros: worldwide and will work with you on leave. Good promotion… Cons: interview process too long..... in missouri. Trying to transfer. I… Advice to Senior Management: I like the leadership at harrah's casino in las vegas… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Caesars Entertainment.

Worked for Caesars Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caesars Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caesars Entertainment CEO Gary Loveman. All reviews posted anonymously by Caesars Entertainment employees.