There are newer employer reviews for CafePress

Gone downhill

I have been working at CafePress full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to get the job. All they look for is your ability to be bubbly, nice and sweet.

Cons

The way they treat employees has gone downhill. No longer valued. Overworked and underpaid. Don't work here during the holidays, not worth it anymore. No one there is happy with their job. The entire work environment is no longer upbeat, it is very drab.

The magic formula that successful businesses have discovered is to treat employees like family and customers like friends.

60 Other Employee Reviews for CafePress (View Most Recent)

I'm sure they mean well...

I worked at CafePress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, flexible about time off, personal conflicts, and family (most of the time). Overtime is expected (which can be good or bad), casual office dress, discount on products. CS is allowed freedom to respond to customers in slightly more individual manner, not from a strict script. Questions encouraged by supervisors.

Cons

Lack of communication overall, particularly between depts. No real upward mobility. Mgmt seems to want to project image of listening to employees, but follow ups are v. rare. Consistency between stated plans/goals and actual implementation is rare. Problems have to reach critical levels before they are addressed. The senior management seems to have a completely disconnected with lower levels (lower mgmnt/web dev/customer service/etc) and seems only interested in shiny new hijinks to improve revenue or talking at us about how great the company is.

Be straightforward about what people should expect instead of insisting the culture is something it isn't (ie "cool" and egalitarian). Train, listen to, and think about promoting your good people instead of losing them completely.

Great Place To Work

I have been working at CafePress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work at the CafePress East location and my favorite part about working here is the people . My coworkers are amazing, dedicated and hard working people. Our management is top notch, and very involved in making sure that this place runs smoothly and with as little drama as possible. We work hard, but do not lose site of the fact that we are making a fun product that people love. The culture here is very supportive and positive.

Cons

nothing major - just the normal corporate slow downs when it comes to getting things changed or fixed.

There are newer employer reviews for CafePress

Worked for CafePress? Contribute to the Community!