Good corporate structure. Great training program.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do a great job of hiring good people, whether they are experienced or not, and provide excellent training. Had some frustrations with the company during my time there, but the farther away I get, the more I see how well put together the organization is.

Cons

This went from a small operation to a large, 450-500 person company within a relatively short period of time so upper mamangement had a hard time not knowing what was going on in each department all of the time. Somewhat of a micromanagement situation.

Unleash your talent a bit more. You hire good people and sometimes hold them back.

Other Reviews for Calamos Asset Management

A chop shop

Former Employee - Investments
    Former Employee - Investments

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch and suburban location. Nice facility.

Cons

Tons and tons of ex Calamos people roaming around. They are completely opportunistic in hiring from the below family level down. Many senior C types have been and gone, corporate counsel, VP of Finance, HR Directors, etc. Very political environment and lots and lots of group think. Best thing I heard before joining was that it was high risk and unstable.

If you have a good boss, it's awesome (until it isn't)

Former Employee - Senior XYZ (III Word Title, Want to BE Anonymous)  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Senior XYZ (III Word Title, Want to BE Anonymous) in Naperville, IL

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Don't believe the other posts (at least not completely). Calamos will aggressively adjust compensation for talented employees. If you are performing well, you'll be taken care of. I added fifty percent to my ample starting salary in about 3 years.

Perks, perks, perks. Lunch, fruits, drinks. Parking. Everyone else has mentioned this.

Cons

There are hard pay ceilings for certain departments. After three years, I basically stopped having compensation adjusted. My VP raved about my work and told me that it never stopped getting better. The problem is that I worked in a role that indirectly contributed to the bottom line, rather than in trading or research.

Stop making your EVPs, SVPs, and VPs (like my old boss) live in fear. They keep quitting for a reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Calamos Asset Management.

Worked for Calamos Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!