There are newer employer reviews for Calamos Asset Management

Good corporate structure. Great training program.

Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Sales in Naperville, IL

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They do a great job of hiring good people, whether they are experienced or not, and provide excellent training. Had some frustrations with the company during my time there, but the farther away I get, the more I see how well put together the organization is.

Cons

This went from a small operation to a large, 450-500 person company within a relatively short period of time so upper mamangement had a hard time not knowing what was going on in each department all of the time. Somewhat of a micromanagement situation.

Unleash your talent a bit more. You hire good people and sometimes hold them back.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Calamos Asset Management (View Most Recent)

A chop shop

Former Employee - Investments
    Former Employee - Investments

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and suburban location. Nice facility.

Cons

Tons and tons of ex Calamos people roaming around. They are completely opportunistic in hiring from the below family level down. Many senior C types have been and gone, corporate counsel, VP of Finance, HR Directors, etc. Very political environment and lots and lots of group think. Best thing I heard before joining was that it was high risk and unstable.

Good place to work if you are not an aggressive employee

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Calamos Asset Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, hours are flexible, you have time to learn, not a lot of stress, free lunch, fruits, snacks, tea and coffee, pay is ok. They have summer hours program and jeans day every Friday in the summer. They have some discounts for employees and they are thinking of creating a day care.

Cons

Work from home is not available and the lunch could have some more healthier options.

There are newer employer reviews for Calamos Asset Management