There are newer employer reviews for Calamos Asset Management

A chop shop

Former Employee - Investments
Former Employee - Investments

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch and suburban location. Nice facility.

Cons

Tons and tons of ex Calamos people roaming around. They are completely opportunistic in hiring from the below family level down. Many senior C types have been and gone, corporate counsel, VP of Finance, HR Directors, etc. Very political environment and lots and lots of group think. Best thing I heard before joining was that it was high risk and unstable.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Calamos Asset Management (View Most Recent)

Good place to work if you are not an aggressive employee

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Calamos Asset Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, hours are flexible, you have time to learn, not a lot of stress, free lunch, fruits, snacks, tea and coffee, pay is ok. They have summer hours program and jeans day every Friday in the summer. They have some discounts for employees and they are thinking of creating a day care.

Cons

Work from home is not available and the lunch could have some more healthier options.

If you have a good boss, it's awesome (until it isn't)

Former Employee - Senior XYZ (III Word Title, Want to BE Anonymous)  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Senior XYZ (III Word Title, Want to BE Anonymous) in Naperville, IL

I worked at Calamos Asset Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Don't believe the other posts (at least not completely). Calamos will aggressively adjust compensation for talented employees. If you are performing well, you'll be taken care of. I added fifty percent to my ample starting salary in about 3 years.

Perks, perks, perks. Lunch, fruits, drinks. Parking. Everyone else has mentioned this.

Cons

There are hard pay ceilings for certain departments. After three years, I basically stopped having compensation adjusted. My VP raved about my work and told me that it never stopped getting better. The problem is that I worked in a role that indirectly contributed to the bottom line, rather than in trading or research.

Stop making your EVPs, SVPs, and VPs (like my old boss) live in fear. They keep quitting for a reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Calamos Asset Management

Worked for Calamos Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!