California Casualty

www.calcas.com
There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty

I have essentially grown up with CalCas, spending the majority of my career here, learning and loving what I do.

Current Employee - Team Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Team Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees care about each other and their customers. The salary and benefits are great and there is work-life balance. Family atmosphere. Code of ethics adhered to.

Cons

Smaller company = older computer systems

Management is great from the CEO down. I promise you won't work at another company where the CEO knows each employee by name and visits with them each time he's in town.

Jun 20, 2014Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing & Service

We appreciate your feedback! California Casualty prides itself on being an open, flexible workplace. We encourage and welcome communication and interaction with individuals at all levels of the ... More

45 Other Employee Reviews for California Casualty (View Most Recent)

This is the best company I've worked for!

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is great! Everyone is always smiling and the positivity all around is very uplifting and motivating. The executives and upper management do a great job of interacting with everyone and being approachable. They encourage employees to make decisions and it's even OK to make a mistake every once in awhile. The tenure among the employees is also very impressive; there are people going on 20-30+ years with the company and that's not something you see very many places.

Cons

Being a smaller company, there aren't a lot of opportunities for movement up the ladder. They do try to provide opportunities to develop skills and participate in other activities outside of your regular scope of responsiblities, which is appreciated. The technology and systems are a bit behind the times, which can make doing certain things challenging and more cumbersome.

Jun 16, 2014Vice President - Employee Relations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the environment at California Casualty. We very much encourage employees to share their thoughts on ways to make our company ... More

Rewarding, challenging company to work for with outstanding employees and support.

Current Employee - Leadership in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Leadership in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, Flexibility, Strong Leadership, Incentives

Cons

Insurance can be a tough business with the competitive companies and benefits others have. Work-life balance can also be something you have to keep in check her.

Make sure there is always support for your employees on the floor. Important to recognize all employees for their unique contributions. Appreciate Beau and how personable he is.

Jun 4, 2014Vice President - Employee Relations

Thank you for sharing your feedback. California Casualty prides itself on providing a rewarding and collaborative environment where everyone at all levels can work alongside each other, appreciate ... More

There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty