California Casualty

www.calcas.com
  www.calcas.com
There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty

Great Company to work for! Family owned feel.

Current Employee - Team Manager
Current Employee - Team Manager

I have been working at California Casualty full-time

Pros

California Casualty spends a lot of time focused on the employees. It's a fun work environment focused on the helping you meet your career goals. Customer service is very focused on the overall customer experience.

Cons

Nothing to say about this right now. Very happy here.

Jul 18, 2014Assistant Vice President, Staffing Manager

We are very proud of the training and development opportunities available to our employees. They are crucial to our success, and the fun, yet professional work environment is a big reason so many ... More

40 Other Employee Reviews for California Casualty (View Most Recent)

I have essentially grown up with CalCas, spending the majority of my career here, learning and loving what I do.

Current Employee - Team Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees care about each other and their customers. The salary and benefits are great and there is work-life balance. Family atmosphere. Code of ethics adhered to.

Cons

Smaller company = older computer systems

Management is great from the CEO down. I promise you won't work at another company where the CEO knows each employee by name and visits with them each time he's in town.

Jun 20, 2014Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing & Service

We appreciate your feedback! California Casualty prides itself on being an open, flexible workplace. We encourage and welcome communication and interaction with individuals at all levels of the ... More

This is the best company I've worked for!

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is great! Everyone is always smiling and the positivity all around is very uplifting and motivating. The executives and upper management do a great job of interacting with everyone and being approachable. They encourage employees to make decisions and it's even OK to make a mistake every once in awhile. The tenure among the employees is also very impressive; there are people going on 20-30+ years with the company and that's not something you see very many places.

Cons

Being a smaller company, there aren't a lot of opportunities for movement up the ladder. They do try to provide opportunities to develop skills and participate in other activities outside of your regular scope of responsiblities, which is appreciated. The technology and systems are a bit behind the times, which can make doing certain things challenging and more cumbersome.

Jun 16, 2014Vice President - Employee Relations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the environment at California Casualty. We very much encourage employees to share their thoughts on ways to make our company ... More

There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty