There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty

Management Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at California Casualty

Pros

Casual work environment
Ethical procedures
Able to work half days and be paid for full if you are sick

Cons

Poor management
Favoritisim
Lack of leadership
Expectations are unrealistic
Lack of written policy and procedure, they seem to make it up as they go at times. Very confusing.
Poor benefits

Please listen to your employees, they are the ones doing the job, and they just might know what they are talking about.
Just because someone is in a management position does not give them the right to berate and harass employees. Please put an end to this and hire mangagers who can lead and motivate the employees. As well as managers who can answer the questions asked.
If you have happy employees you will have a happy employer.

38 Other Employee Reviews for California Casualty (View Most Recent)

California Casualty really cares..... That's why I love working here.

Current Employee - Outbound Sales  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at California Casualty full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve worked at California Casualty for 3 years. One of the things I just love about working here is they really care about you. The management takes a personal interest in all of us and they are always showing us how much we are appreciated. That is such a rare find in a company today. The CEO, Beau Brown, regularly comes to our facility and personally takes the time to talk to everyone individually. It’s that kind of personal touch they show every single day that makes it a special place to work. They have assembled an amazing group of people that truly care about this company and our customers, myself being one of them.

Cons

The only con I could come up with is that we are a little behind the times as far as technology goes. They have made huge strides in that since I started but we still have a long ways to go.

My manager is amazing but they all work very hard to help you in every way possible. My manager is Victor Vola and anyone who has the opportunity to work for him is very fortunate. My advice is keep up the great work and thank you for all you do!

I love working there!

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at California Casualty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I work with are the best group of people. The Company cares about it's employees and that's the kind of culture we have at CCMC. The work-life balance and flexibility are outstanding.

Cons

Technology is not cutting edge -- it is after all an insurance company. The ability to move up in the organization is more limited as we are not a large organization and those opportunities do not present themselves very often.

It would be great to have the ability to telecommute on a regular basis.

California Casualty Response

Sep 5, 2014Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing & Service

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We appreciate when highly valued employees like yourself, enjoy our work environment and culture. We strive to create an atmosphere where each individual is ... More

There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty

Worked for California Casualty? Contribute to the Community!