There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty

Management Needs Improvement

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at California Casualty

Pros

Casual work environment
Ethical procedures
Able to work half days and be paid for full if you are sick

Cons

Poor management
Favoritisim
Lack of leadership
Expectations are unrealistic
Lack of written policy and procedure, they seem to make it up as they go at times. Very confusing.
Poor benefits

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees, they are the ones doing the job, and they just might know what they are talking about.
Just because someone is in a management position does not give them the right to berate and harass employees. Please put an end to this and hire mangagers who can lead and motivate the employees. As well as managers who can answer the questions asked.
If you have happy employees you will have a happy employer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a wonderful company that is dedicated to its customers, employees, and bottom line (in that order). The most important aspect of business at CalCas is to treat the customer (insured) with honesty and respect. Employees are treated like family at California Casualty. An employees' safety is paramount. California Casualty knows and lives the philosophy, "if you take care of others, they will in return, take care of you". It is one thing to hear a company "talk" about putting customers and employees first; it is another thing to experience the words put into action. Existing employees are excited to welcome new hires and offer help at every turn. The work environment feels inclusive and optimistic. I can't say enough great things about California Casualty!

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of.......I've been working here about 5 months so far.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job.

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at California Casualty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership and training with this company are unlike any other I have worked for. The management team is absolutely fantastic and work with they work with your personal schedule and professional schedule. The CEO of the company not only comes to say hi but knows us all by first name, a true family owned business that employees have pride in.

Cons

Some late nights and weekends, but that's where the potential for money is!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I have never been happier wiht a job.

California Casualty Response

Mar 30, 2015Executive Vice President Sales, Marketing & Service

Thanks for sharing this great feedback! We couldn’t be happier to hear that you enjoy our work environment and culture. It is always our goal to ensure that our highly valued employees like ... More

There are newer employer reviews for California Casualty