There are newer employer reviews for California Pizza Kitchen

A very good company to work for.

I worked at California Pizza Kitchen

Pros

California Pizza Kitchen is a fast past clean environment to work in. The benefits are good with a quarterly bonus structure, Heath, Dental, Optical and a 401k Plan.

Cons

Long hours. Lots of changes with short notice. Larry S. Flax & Richard L. Rosenfield are no longer the owners and leaders of this company.

After your initial training is complete it is up to you to continue to learn more and stay sharp. Know your stuff or you are off the bus.

168 Other Employee Reviews for California Pizza Kitchen (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, Great management, Great staff!

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at California Pizza Kitchen

Pros

Very flexible scheduling, you can work as many or as little hours as you would like. They give great incentives on sales and performance. Management is great and genuine, they help you out when you need it.

Cons

The downside to every serving job out there....crappy tips and grumpy people. Thats about it. No real company specific cons.

Good compensation, but a very physically demanding position and constantly changing company focuses

I worked at California Pizza Kitchen

Pros

Compensation was good and it was relatively easy to get yearly increases, even with the economic downturn. If you worked for a good regional director and GM, you will learn a lot about business, restaurant management and leadership.

Cons

The expectations that were set by corporate were unattainable. Also, corporate mandated several changes on a daily or weekly basis that they expected you to implement immediately. Often times, these changes were poorly communicated and confusing. The companies focus and goals changed constantly. Also, the amount of work that had to be done by the restaurant managers was extreme. We were expected to manage the restaurant and control food quality from all stations while working a station of our own. There was no time allotted to complete the massive amount of reports that we were expected to complete on a daily basis. On top of that, we were responsible for all cleaning and repairs. We were expected to keep labor low, which meant that hourly staff would go home and managers had to stay and complete all cleaning by themselves. Also, we were expected to complete repair projects on our own instead of calling a professional. In summary, I felt that we were expected to do extreme physical labor and put our heart and souls into the restaurant, only to be told that it was never good enough, or that company initiatives were changing.

There are newer employer reviews for California Pizza Kitchen

Worked for California Pizza Kitchen? Contribute to the Community!