Calit2
www.calit2.net La Jolla, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great experience for students!

Intern (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsSo many resources and interesting labs, and hundreds of intelligent, driven people sitting in every desk around the building. Opportunities are endless, particularly if you are willing to work without pay (at least at first).

ConsDifficult for students to find paid jobs. Paid jobs generally start in the $30/hr range if you can find one. A good route to take is to apply for the summer internship program, which is paid but exclusive.

Calit2 is a great place to research and develop innovation

Mechanical Lab Assistant (Current Employee)
    La Jolla, CA

I have been working at Calit2 as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Calit2 enables innovation by bringing in researchers with diverse backgrounds. Cons: Most research labs feel a little disconnected from other research labs. Although there is great… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Student Researcher and Designer

Staff Researcher (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Calit2 as an intern for less than a year

Pros: To begin I'd like to say that I work within and Calit2 and that my work is funded by them, but I do NOT work… Cons: Not enough sunshine on the bottom floors and the loose, non consolidated organization of the… Advice to Senior Management: Can't really say much. Bring the CRCA back, they had… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Calit2.

Worked for Calit2? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Calit2 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Calit2 CEO Larry Smarr. All reviews posted anonymously by Calit2 employees.