There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf

Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Callaway provides an opportunity for employees to develop their own vision, implement it, and see it through. The management team has fostered a culture that is centered on passion and hard work-- and that's very rewarding.

Cons

The cons are perhaps working within an industry that is high growth that can lead to strong YOY growth, etc. However it is within an industry that I'm passionate about and the culture and attitude reflects that.

Continue to find talent that is passionate about golf but has the ability to manage, inspire, and move organizations forward.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Callaway Golf (View Most Recent)

Great company, tough times as of 2010

Current Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1 - Great team to work with, a lot of support and very open to answer just about any question.
    2 - IT open door policy.
    3 - You are challenged by doing projects (if you get them).
    4 - Very flexible work environment.

Cons

1 - Very little or no opportunities for advancement.
    2 - Very little or no raises since 2008. But it has been tough times for the company.
    3 - There have been layoffs and management has tried to saved the managers (that did nothing) and throw some of the employees under the bus.
    4 - Management gets benefits (iphones/ipads) even though the company is loosing money.

1 - Do not buy stuff we do not really need. I know that Apple products are cool, but nothing says I do not care like spending a lot of money for such products while we are loosing money. If you want to promote change, show that you are diligent with your expenses.

Short Stint

Current Employee - Information Technology in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People you work with, compensation, great perks (if you enjoy golf)

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities, poor middle management, frustrating lack of communication, not a creative environment, poor decisions continue to hurt this company, poor performance quarter after quarter

Hire true project managers to manage large scale projects. Stop ridiculous spending when the company is in a 'turn-around' phase. Losing good people in favor of almost comical decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf