There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf

If it weren't for my peers, I would have been gone long ago ...

Current Employee - Corporate IT  in  Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Corporate IT in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time for less than a year

Pros

People you work around , perks

Cons

dated offices, poor middle management, lack of vision, old technologies, LACK OF MONEY FOR ANYTHING NEW - The answer is always, "We don't have the money for that" - even tech support for enterprise software, very FRAGILE and OLD tech environments, peers are AFRAID to say anything in fear of retribution by managers. If there is a tech issue, you are expected to respond even on your days off because there is no back-up for your position and if you think you are calling tech support FORGET IT because they don't buy maintenance.

ADVICE? They don't need advice because they either know everything or will refute what you offer. They say they have an "Open Door" policy but don't want to ever be told of issues - they are in DENIAL. Get real or lose what little talent you have left.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Callaway Golf (View Most Recent)

Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Callaway provides an opportunity for employees to develop their own vision, implement it, and see it through. The management team has fostered a culture that is centered on passion and hard work-- and that's very rewarding.

Cons

The cons are perhaps working within an industry that is high growth that can lead to strong YOY growth, etc. However it is within an industry that I'm passionate about and the culture and attitude reflects that.

Continue to find talent that is passionate about golf but has the ability to manage, inspire, and move organizations forward.

Great company, tough times as of 2010

Current Employee - Senior Principal Analyst  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1 - Great team to work with, a lot of support and very open to answer just about any question.
    2 - IT open door policy.
    3 - You are challenged by doing projects (if you get them).
    4 - Very flexible work environment.

Cons

1 - Very little or no opportunities for advancement.
    2 - Very little or no raises since 2008. But it has been tough times for the company.
    3 - There have been layoffs and management has tried to saved the managers (that did nothing) and throw some of the employees under the bus.
    4 - Management gets benefits (iphones/ipads) even though the company is loosing money.

1 - Do not buy stuff we do not really need. I know that Apple products are cool, but nothing says I do not care like spending a lot of money for such products while we are loosing money. If you want to promote change, show that you are diligent with your expenses.

There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf

Worked for Callaway Golf? Contribute to the Community!