There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf

Callaway is an OK company to work for.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Callaway Golf

Pros

The Pay with Callaway as an outside sales representative is good compared to other types of sales professions. It is one of the top selling brands in the sport so it is not that hard to sell. All-in-all as an employee you are treated pretty well there.

Cons

Upper Level management while some have golf industry experience many do not and those that do have been so disconnected from actually being out in the field or in other parts of the country besides sunny San Diego, CA for so long that you have to scratch your head sometimes about why they decide to do things. As anywhere things are very political, and you need to become friends with the right people if your going to move up. Management is not very open to hearing anyones ideas but their own, unfortunatly. employees are asked to give it however, the decisions have either already been made or if your opinion is different some take it as you being negative.

Management should listen to their employees a little more, they are the ones that actually have the pulse of the customer and the consumers because they are the ones dealing with them everyday.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Callaway Golf (View Most Recent)

Great work atmosphere!

Former Employee - R&D, Golf Ball  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - R&D, Golf Ball in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Callaway Golf as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed work atmosphere where people enjoy working together.
    Great discounts

Cons

I was only there for a summer, and didn't have any issues with the company.

Dismal outlook for future growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicopee, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA

I have been working at Callaway Golf full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay once hired full-time

Cons

The people in charge could not manage a little league team. While it's understood that cutting costs is essential for the sustainability of any company, how you manage those realized savings is key to to their success. The only thing that management seems to care about is lining their own pockets and those of the shareholders, not with reinvesting in the business or the people that work for them. Outdated machinery, outdated computers and software, no spare parts, constant roller coaster ride with employees and production goals, no adherence to programs, no sense of order or standards, standards differ from shift to shift. A once proud and profitable company, we are now a shell of what we once were. Glad I am on the backside of my career here. This used to be a great place to work. I often wonder if management shares in the suffering of it's employees when "profits" are down or don't meet projections.

Try treating your employees as assets instead of liabilities. These hardworking people come to work everyday, in good faith, to give you a days work for a days pay, often in miserable working conditions. Their reward? Lies and layoffs. Second, how about coming up with a program and sticking with it for more than a week? Task your supervisors to keep everyone on point so everyone knows and adheres to expectations, across ALL shifts, instead of constantly having them in pointless meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for Callaway Golf

Worked for Callaway Golf? Contribute to the Community!