There are newer employer reviews for CallidusCloud

No Longer A 'Real' Silicon Valley software company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Callidus since the mid 2000s. I had a better than average salary, but not sure about my colleagues. I believe their pay was lower. The company is small, which provides a lot of opportunities to learn technical things. Like most small companies, it is a swim or sink mentally which is challenging but rewarding if you have talent and work hard you can learn a lot.

Cons

Overall, the company has changed a lot within the past 5-6 years. The company was a leader in its space years ago, but now focus is on client SaaS conversion. Management turn over had been high, especially in 2012/2013. Most of the rank and file who grew with the company has been replaced by off-shore teams. The company is focus on quick sales and SaaS conversions rather than improving a product.

Stop buying random companies that add little value to the core product line. Six figures!!

CallidusCloud Response

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased to see that you highlighted the opportunity to learn while here at CallidusCloud. We are always looking at ways to invest in our staff, grow their skills ... More

108 Other Employee Reviews for CallidusCloud (View Most Recent)

The Last Train Has Left This Station!

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Callidus used to be a great place to work! With a few exceptions, a solid management team, vision, collaboration, cross-departmental support but most importantly, it was a place that had hope for growth and a successful future. Compensation was competitive, there was leadership one could believe in and there was a sense of pride in answering that ubiquitous question, "So, where do you work?". No more - that last train has departed the Callidus station (and will not return as long as the current leadership is still in place).

Cons

An overhaul of senior management in 2013 combined with entrenched legacy management whose only focus and limited leadership boiled down to sales and absolutely nothing else, began a tailspin that still continues today, further exacerbated with new leadership that finds itself severely lacking in anything remotely related to managerial or leadership skills. Proof in the pudding?: departures of key (excellent) personnel across all departments which is only trending upwards. Why are reviews positive?: HR trolls the reviews and senior management "encourages" higher-level peons to write positive reviews. What does senior management do well?: Spin...that's it. Side note: Just watch, HR will troll this review as well.

Please abdicate and give this company a fighting chance. Advice to job prospects/candidates: Join this company! (if you want to: lose all faith in humanity/corporate career outlook, have no sense of pride in one's work, get stabbed both in the front and back by colleagues up and down the chain, be constantly looking over your shoulder, struggle getting excited for work every day, be a corporate automaton collecting your paycheck every 2 weeks, and if you want to feel like your soul is being sucked out of you).

CallidusCloud Response

Aug 19, 2014Director, Global Staffing and Onboarding

Employee feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We review and respond to Glassdoor postings because we value feedback from current and former ... More

Growth, Growth, Growth

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company has products that sell and that customers want and need. The business model is very competitive in the market. No limit to the opportunities here. Big enough to have solid products and market presence, small enough to be able to get things done quickly.

Cons

None, unless you think having lots of opportunities to work is a problem!

Keep rockin'!