Caltech (California)
www.caltech.edu Pasadena, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A job here can turn to a lifetime long career

Web Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caltech (California) full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCity location of Pasadena lifestyle and scene; intellectual and scientific community access; high value benefits and competitive salary and hourly pay rates at all levels; self education opportunities.

ConsCost of living relatively high for country; freeway driving; competitive atmosphere might not appeal to some; potential contact with theft and violent crime.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove work place atmosphere and effectiveness by taking actio on poor job performance by taking action on employees that have shown or received consistent and persistent negative reports.

Top Research Institute and University

Research Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Caltech (California) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong research-driven environment. Contact with new ideas and interesting research possibilities.… Cons: Very competitive environment. People are focused on their work, hard… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management Needs to work towards goals and understand limitations

Unix Systems Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at Caltech (California) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great architecture and lovely grounds Cons: There is a fair amount of it must be invented here mentality, which makes sense for research but is enormously ineffective for administration… Advice to Senior Management: Spend some effort in getting the teamwork right and work within the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Caltech (California).

Worked for Caltech (California)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caltech (California) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Caltech (California) CEO Dr. Edward M. Stolper. All reviews posted anonymously by Caltech (California) employees.