Calvin Klein

Not too bad!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Calvin Klein

Pros

-Great discounts! 40% off! (50% off black clothes you can wear to work) And you can almost always use the discounts on clearance items!
-I love my coworkers, very down to Earth. And my management team is cool too, we share laughs throughout the day and they make all of the sales associates feel like they are part of a team/family.
-Good pay (especially if it's a first job, which it is for me)
-Every 90 days of working there you get a free black, work-appropriate item, priced 50 dollars or less. Good little perk.

Cons

- Calvin Klein is at the international level and many customers don't speak English (however, my store is located in a very big tourist mall so the MAJORITY don't speak English, I'd say about 90% only speak Portuguese)
-Not much room for improvement. You can basically only get a promotion to a higher position if there is a space that needs to be filled at that particular place and time.
-No benefits
-Only a 25 cent increase in hourly wage for every year you've worked there

My management team knows what they are doing. They are hardly ever pushy or rude, but they know how to get a job done, and they can do so in a way that makes me feel very comfortable.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Calvin Klein (View Most Recent)

Calvin Klein Retail Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Calvin Klein

Pros

The company offers excellent benefits, vacation time, summer Fridays.
    Smart team of people running the show. You can learn a lot if you take the initiative.

Cons

Promotions from within the company are rare.
    Don't expect more than a 4% raise. Depending on your title, you could receive a bonus.
    Long hours, over-worked, under compensated.
    You have to think outside the box and be a great problem solver because people are too busy to help at times.

Promote within the company. Create an environment where employees can advance in their careers.

An enjoyable and educational environment with strong senior leadership and a permeating company pride.

Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Calvin Klein

Pros

Senior managers had a knack for identifying strong talent and developing them over several years to take on more responsibilities. Lack of animosity between departments fostered a healthy work environment.

Cons

Since acquisition, PVH corporation has slowly replaced long-time CK managers with their own managers thereby removing individuality in the company and homogenizing practices.

Leadership is strong and financial responsibility is paramount. Protect the positive working relationships by promoting the person who asks the tough questions and not the person who says what you want to hear. Do that and CK will continue to flourish.

There are newer employer reviews for Calvin Klein