There are newer employer reviews for Calypso Technology

Boy have they come a long way!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Calypso Technology (less than an year)

Pros

i've been here just a few months and there's a ton to learn; people are great! friendly & helpful, very colleagial atmosphere. the work is complex, and i love to figure stuff out so it works well for me.
good culture & i think top mgt is listening to employees. my mgr is supportive - going to seminars, providing time and space to learn what i need to know, pretty patient overall. the co is very profitable, the salary offer i got was just above market rate (i think). so i'm a happy camper.

Cons

at first i was nervous accepting their offer, becuase i read some reviews from last year & they were pretty damning. but i took a chance & so far i'm glad i did. i think mgt has made strides to address employee issues. yeah, the work schedule can be demanding - like 50 hours a week. but i was already used to that in my last job. so it's no big deal. i wish i could expedite my learning process, but it's just gonna take time, i guess.

keep improving, keep listening to the rank & file. benefits are great but maybe can add more? the fully paid health insurance is awesome!

49 Other Employee Reviews for Calypso Technology (View Most Recent)

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Calypso Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Entreprenurial organization that is continually innovating making us the place to grow.

Cons

Keeping up with the growth of the organization is a challenge as sometimes there are not enough people to support the effort

Hire more experienced talent to support sales and implementaiton

Good place to learn and explore different areas of finance and tech systems

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Calypso Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has a very diverse culture with people and offices all over the world. At Calypso you can choose to specialize in one area of finance or explore a little more in other areas. The culture is similar to a start up with no feelings of hierarchy or stuffiness. Nice people to work with and learn from.

Cons

There are numerous processes that are not yet established and can be messy to navigate without much guidance.

More organization and channels of support for employees so that there is a sense of order in everything.

There are newer employer reviews for Calypso Technology