There are newer employer reviews for Camber

Overall, good. I have no complaints

I have been working at Camber

Pros

Small company
Flat structure, you know your VP and PM
Each VP and division seems to have some flexibility, some people oriented ,some bottom dollar oriented.
People who quit for greener fields seem to want to come back

Cons

No downsize yet
They were sold to venture capital firm
Not sure how that will play out

Advice to Management

Well I was one of the ones who voted against moving from an employed owned corporation. But hey its America. These are problems far outside the scope of what you guys are looking for.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company moving in the right areas of defense growth.

I have been working at Camber

Pros

Great benefits package with it's cafeteria plan that pays for health and dental insurance. Camber also puts a annual 401K lump sum contribution without requiring a match on the employee. There is open communication among employees and management. Even though the company has locations spread throughout the country, it is a flat organization that allows for employees to fix administrative problems, e.g. benefits, IT, pay, directly with the corporate responsible representative. Very little administrative bureaucracy. Since the company is defense oriented, it seems to be moving in the right direction by planning and anticipating the likely areas of business growth.

Cons

The company is not as well known among the many defense industry companies. A lot of sub-contractor business.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on communicating as much information about the company's strategic direction in order to keep us aware of the direction of the company and improve our confidence. Rather than a detailed annual memo addressing the company, communicate with the company more frequently. As the company grows, I hope it does not lose the "close" and "family" feel of a small company.

2. Camber Corporation: Employees Make It Happen!

I have been working at Camber

Pros

An employee-focused company that encourages independence of action and freedom of thought. No micro-managers here!

Cons

Only downside for this employee is not being able to visit with and/or personally meet the senior leadership (I work in an off-site location in another state).

Advice to Management

Budget time for leadership to personally visit/ meet their employees and provide annual on-site strategy briefings followed by Q & A session.