Freedom to develop.

Former Employee - Training Analyst  in  Fort Knox, KY
Former Employee - Training Analyst in Fort Knox, KY

I worked at Camber

Pros

Training Soldiers. What else is there?

Cons

Management missed the communications portion of their education.

Learn to communicate.

Other Reviews for Camber

Overall, good. I have no complaints

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Camber

Pros

Small company
    Flat structure, you know your VP and PM
    Each VP and division seems to have some flexibility, some people oriented ,some bottom dollar oriented.
    People who quit for greener fields seem to want to come back

Cons

No downsize yet
    They were sold to venture capital firm
    Not sure how that will play out

Well I was one of the ones who voted against moving from an employed owned corporation. But hey its America. These are problems far outside the scope of what you guys are looking for.

Company moving in the right areas of defense growth.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Camber

Pros

Great benefits package with it's cafeteria plan that pays for health and dental insurance. Camber also puts a annual 401K lump sum contribution without requiring a match on the employee. There is open communication among employees and management. Even though the company has locations spread throughout the country, it is a flat organization that allows for employees to fix administrative problems, e.g. benefits, IT, pay, directly with the corporate responsible representative. Very little administrative bureaucracy. Since the company is defense oriented, it seems to be moving in the right direction by planning and anticipating the likely areas of business growth.

Cons

The company is not as well known among the many defense industry companies. A lot of sub-contractor business.

Continue to work on communicating as much information about the company's strategic direction in order to keep us aware of the direction of the company and improve our confidence. Rather than a detailed annual memo addressing the company, communicate with the company more frequently. As the company grows, I hope it does not lose the "close" and "family" feel of a small company.

There are newer employer reviews for Camber.

Worked for Camber? Contribute to the Community!