Cambia Health Solutions

www.cambiahealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cambia Health Solutions

Cambia Health Solutions, formerly The Regence Group is a reputable, values based, non-profit company that is growing!

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The leaders of the company are authentic, driven, bright and passionate about what they do. They act with a great deal of integrity which is refreshing.

Cons

Because the company serves 4 states, sometimes teams are slow to get on the same page.

Keep on being transparent -- you will continue to foster respect and trust from your employees. WIth the new growth & diversification we are much stronger than our competitors...that's why top people want to work here.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Cambia Health Solutions (View Most Recent)

Good stepping stone... Very very high turnover.

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions

Pros

Flextime and 401k fully vested with 11% match and vacation time

Cons

Finace will work you to death and only promote the people in the good old boy club.

Finance senior leadership needs to recognize the high turnover rate and resolve the underlying issues with favoritism if they want to keep top talent.

DHS Operations Manager Role... Best Summer ever...

Current Employee - Operations Manager in West Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in West Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved the creative, high energy environment. Great investment in technology, environment and employee satisfaction/engagement. Loved the employee gym and real commitment to healthy employees. Loved the uber cheap, healthy, locally sourced cafe. Location was great. Work was challenging but creative. Great infrastructure to support startup growth. Lots of room to grow. My colleagues were ambitious, talented and diverse.

The IT, concierge/security, and HR department/roles were the best I've ever seen and now the model to which I've measured every employer since. Outstanding commitment to technology, efficiency of tools, and avoidance of downtime. Love this place!

Cons

Many of the startup leaders come from operational roles and lack basic leadership skills. This was tough because there was no peer support for my business leader in her direct peers - blind leading blind. The few resources DHS gave for coaching, devt, and support of business founders were outstanding but swamped. My business founder had no idea how to talk to customers or lead a strategy and that's ultimately why I left. I wasnt my place to do it for her - and she wasn't able to follow my lead (it wasn't appropriate given her role as business founder and mine as operations manager.) My pay was decent - much less responsibility, no direct reports, etc., than I have usually, but ultimately I accepted another offer at a health system that came with a significant raise, bigger scope (director), supporting a team. I loved my summer at DHS working for this startup and I miss the people, the environment and the work (in that order) very much... I'd highly recommend this place to anyone looking to learn and grow, help in very important work of transforming healthcare through innovation; as long as you are strongly self led and autonomous. If you're new in your career and looking for a mentor, look elsewhere. You could find one in a peer but not necessarily in the leaders of DHS businesses. Cambia leadership is good though...HR, IT functions best I've ever seen.

Formalized leadership development requirement of business founders AND more consistent profit sharing for first few employees once a startup becomes lucrative.

If there were metrics tied to pay, my business founder may have had more motivation to get the business off the ground and starting to earn money. Instead she acted as if she was running through the "funny money" of DHS budgeting to prove her hypothesis that this solution would be viable in the marketplace. Rather, this kept pivoting to the point where there was zero attention paid to a pricing strategy that would make it viable.

There are newer employer reviews for Cambia Health Solutions