Good first job in finance

Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Investment Performance Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

This was a great opportunity out of college. Room to learn about alternative investments (private equity). Gain exposure to many different portfolios and private equity funds

Cons

There is not much room for advancement if you are there for more than 3 years and haven't been significantly promoted. High turnover at times

Other Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Good first job, but that's about it - not a learning environment and not much room for professional development.

Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Performance Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

It pays well, it's a decent introduction to the world of finance, lots of young people, and the benefits are nice.

Cons

The work lacks substance. As an associate, I would spend all my time hunting down performance numbers and checking work to make sure there were no obvious errors. If you had asked me on any day how the market was doing or what investment strategy seemed to be working, I would have had no clue.

I didn't find much wrong with the leadership. The truth is that it is a job that needs to be done and the nature of that work did not suit me very well as an aspiring college grad looking to utilize my critical thinking/analytical abilities.

It has been comprised of long hours, very low pay, high demands, and little respect.

Current Employee - Consulting Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Pros

If you want to go straight from undergrad to business school they have a great connection with top universities. Harvard, Yale, Wharton, etc consistently recruit from Cambridge.

Cons

Dont ever EVER work in the Dallas office.

none

There are newer employer reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!